Sunday, August 19, 2007

Paradise Philippines "Adobo"

All over the world, Paradise Philippines is known for their adobo. Everywhere I go and each national I meet, the first thing they ask me about is adobo, adobo, adobo.

There are variations of adobo. May it be pork, chicken, kangkong or squid. Each has its own kick, each has its own tongue to satisfy. But for me pork tops that list.


Preparations for this cooking vary from place to place in paradise Philippines. But the basic groundwork comes down to soy sauce and vinegar with the occasional sugar to taste. Oh! Don’t forget about the streaming fat covering the meat. Adobo is not itself without the trademark heart-clogging grease all over.

Given the chance, I swear I won’t get tired eating the same meal everyday for an entire month granting that my artery-unfriendly-meal is on the table. Too bad, I watch my cholesterol intake that the most I could have of my favorite would be once in every three weeks to a month.


Philipine "Adobo" Recipe

1-1/2 pounds pork, shoulder or butt cut into 1-1/2" cubes
1/3 cup vinegar
3 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1 each onion -- sliced
3 cloves garlic -- minced

1 small bay leaf
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoon cooking oil



All hail to what is original Paradise Philippines recipe.


No comments: